The Business Etiquette and Client Interaction workshop was held on 12th Feb with an impressive attendance of around 60-70 people comprising of PGP1s, PGP2s, PGPX and AFP. The workshop was conducted by Ms. Rama Moondra who is an IIM C alumnus and a listed Premium Educator with Harvard Business Publishing.
The workshop was divided into two sections; the first half of the workshop was devoted to role-plays where participants from the crowd had to enact a typical business situation in each of the sectors mentioned below:
- Consulting – Brainstorming session between a partner and his junior
- Investment Banking – A banker pitching for services of a potential client
- Healthcare – A committee meeting for tackling new diseases
- FMCG – Sales Review meeting for territory expansion
- Ecommerce – IT head and Sales head meeting to improve customer experience
- Media (entertainment media) – Promoting B2B advertising in entertainment media
- Startups – A new company pitching to a venture capitalist
After the 7 role-plays, the 2nd half of the session was devoted to feedback on the role-plays. The feedback included an introduction to the sector, how to deal with clients in a particular sector and relevant tips for working in the sector.
Apart from these role-plays the feedback session also touched on body language, content delivery and the right attitude to be followed in an organisation. It was a highly interactive session, one that completely did justice to its theme.
The session was also video-recorded so that the participants to volunteered for roleplay, could have the feedback on their performance and the accompanying guidance on record. Overall, the workshop was a huge success with large attendance from students of all progams at IIM A and enthusiastic participation in the interactive session.